Wednesday, March 18, 2009


School is going quite well. I’m starting to catch on more to what is going on and my Spanish listening skills are improving. The school day starts at 7:30 and ends at 3:15 Monday thru Thursday and on Fridays we get out at 1. I have 8 different classes but they don’t all meet every day. They are: math, civics, social studies, English, Spanish, gym, religion, and biology. We have a rotating schedule which I think is kind of nice because it makes each day a little different. All the classes are taught in Spanish except English, but luckily the teachers and a couple students know enough English to help me if I’m totally confused. On Fridays we have a special activity from 12 to 1. We could choose art, music, dance, or soccer. What a surprise I chose dance! Here I am in 11th grade which is the last year of school, so I’m a senior. It’s kind of cool because we get to wear different uniforms than the rest of the students, and they are slightly cuter. There are only 13 other kids in my class, but they are all really nice and make a point to include me. Last Friday I went with a couple of them to a pool after school. There is one other exchange student in my class. Her name is Marte and she is from Norway. She has been a big help to me. Over all I’m having a really good experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment